• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

What Happened Plain Old Windows?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I just got recently did a clean install ofsu Win 11 23H22 downloaded from Microsoft's site. Well that was fun.
First it demands I have a Microsoft account to proceed with the registration of Windows 11, After I register my copy Microsoft tries to sell me an Office 365 subscription after saying no a bunch of times, get asked if I want to buy a gaming subscription. I really don't see Windows being viable if this nonsense continues. Gates stepped in the last time BS started taking place. Windows foundation is Windows 10 and server. There really hasn't been any development in those. Makes you wonder where things are headed. Not in the Windows 11 direction. Microsoft has hinted there will be a subscription based extended Windows 10 support. Who knows? Microsoft is chasing profits any way it can.

That's because CEO Satya Nadella has no business sense and is running the Microsoft into the ground. He thinks trying to sell us snake oil that we don't need will make up his budget deficit.

Back