• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Problems with SMTP

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ramon82

Sep 18, 2023
Hi all,

For some reason using an authenticated SMTP I manage to send emails through my HP MFP machines, but when I use authenticated SMTP it always fails.

Any idea why this might be happening?

PS: The authentication username and password are 100% correct.

Thank you all

Attachments

• smtp3.png
    smtp3.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 4
  • smtp2.png
    smtp2.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 4
  • smtp1.png
    smtp1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 4
Yes it works - otherwise it wont work when I test without authentication

I don't know nor do I want to know but any chance the domain or IP might be blacklisted? All it takes is one user, home or remote to be infected by a spammer, it happens.

I don't know nor do I want to know but any chance the domain or IP might be blacklisted? All it takes is one user, home or remote to be infected by a spammer, it happens.
it works without authentication - if it was blacklisted it wont work when I test without authentication

Who is hosting the mail server? Is it local or a 3rd party remote? Have you checked with HP to see if there's a bug in their printers? Don't get me wrong, HP printers are the best in the business. There has to be something in their hardware if the problem is confined to their MFPs. Agree?

After having time to think about this you already answered your question. The problem is definately server-side. There is nothing you are going to do on your side to change that. Whoever's email SMTP server you are utilizing may have a different URL configured for auththenticated traffic, 'cause this one obviously isn't. So bug whoever admins the SMTP server or learn to love sending non-authenticated emails. It's their world and you are just living in it.

Back