• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Destroy Windows Spying [TechTools]

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

UXA

VIP
Aug 20, 2010

Destroy Windows 10 Spying concentrates on a handful of privacy settings and tweaks only. You may use it to disable spyware tasks in the Task Scheduler, block Microsoft domains in the hosts file, to turn Windows Update on or off, and to remove select applications or all applications from the operating system.

The program does not support backup and restore functionality, and there are no explanations for the tweaks it offers.

While some are self-explanatory, others reveal nothing about the task that gets carried out when they are run. For instance, you don't know which tasks are disabled in the Task Scheduler when you select the tweak to disable spyware tasks in it.

Download Link:
Code:
http://dws.wzor.net/

this piece of software have problem when spybot is used on computer...
you cant write in etc/host and you cant delete/add/modify a key/value in registry... (winblows-me 8.1, spybot, avast)... same under xp running in VM (also avast and spybot)
but it looks cool, so five of five stars from me :)

Any SW to keep Wndoze from spying is worth downloading and testing. Thank You very much for this InternationalHealth.info!
Sincerely,
Sledge

PS: @ Neno4real, I haven't had any WebRoot products in my top five list of anti anything in more than ten years. You may want to check some of the rating sites for anti virus, anti spyware and anti maleware and see what's in the top five and you may want to update from Spypot to Malewarebytes (My favorite and top rated anti Maleware/Spyware) or some other software that has surpassed Spybot or any of WebRoots applications, in my humble opinion? Just making this suggestion to try to help as a lot of my customers have just stuck with what worked in the past and haven't checked on what's best lately??? I advise my customers to go with the free version of Avast along with the free version of Malewarebytes and have had no issues that couldn't be reversed, repaired and recovered from those that were running these two free apps together. I also practice what I preach and run them both alone on my Windoze machines Neno4real, I do like your "Winblows" and will use it in the future if you don't mind? :eek:k:

:arcoiris:
neno4real said:
this piece of software have problem when spybot is used on computer...
you cant write in etc/host and you cant delete/add/modify a key/value in registry... (winblows-me 8.1, spybot, avast)... same under xp running in VM (also avast and spybot)
but it looks cool, so five of five stars from me :)

brought me to some other weird forum for the download =(

Alternative, maybe not as comprehensive but nice ui:

scr_ashampoo_antispy_for_windows_10.png

During Windows setup many of these settings are pre-configured and in many cases it remains unclear to what extent Windows 10 will send out usage data. Do you really want to allow Windows 10 to access your calendar, emails, your location and many other settings? With Ashampoo AntiSpy for Windows® 10, you decide! Access all of your settings with ease.

Ashampoo AntiSpy for Windows® 10 gives you an overview of all critical system settings and allows you to disable each one at the click of a button. Two included presets allow you to disable any reporting to Microsoft or rely on recommendations by our security experts.

Link:https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/1004/security-software/antispy-for-windows-10

Back