• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

10HIDER, hides the Windows 10 Upgrade Reservation tray icon.

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

you made an app!?!?!?!? and ppl r renaming the exe ... dude!!! all you have to do is uninstall a Windows Update.. lol .. wtf

Instructions: http://www.myce.com/news/how-to-uninstall-kb3035583-the-windows-10-downloader-for-windows-7-and-8-1-75681/

Qarizma said:
sporadicpot said:
I would like to mention if you search for/browse to: C:\Windows\System32\GWX and rename to C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftYouShadyBastards and reboot, problem solved, just rename back and back to normal. Thank you for having me on your forums :)

That will cause errors in Windows (not visibly). But Windows tries to execute GMX.exe but it can't find it, this is not the way it should.

10HIDER disables GWX trigger, keeps everything intact.

i have deleted the folder and everything works fine.

But respect to Qarizma

Because that will be errors, and is way it's clean.

If you want to stop Windows 10 from downloading all together, remove the following Windows updates:

KB2952664 - Compatibility Update for Win7 to Win10
KB3021917 - Win7 diagnostic tool for upgrade to Win10
KB3035583 - Installs "get Windows 10" for W7SP1 and W8.1

Once removed, re-run Windows update to download, but not install updates. Locate these three updates, right click and hide them.

Done!

getefd

Back